- Applies knowledge of team behavior to help achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Creates a culture that fosters and values collaboration.
- Communicates a clear message that teamwork and collaboration are expected.
- Encourages collaboration of fellow employees to achieve results.
- Encourages collaboration with other departments.
- Encourages, promotes and rewards collaboration for improved performance
- Promotes open participation and communication within department and throughout the organization.
- Works to get buy-in of individuals based on common good of business.
- Works cooperatively with others to solve problems.
Coaching and Supervision
- Coaches team members
- Coaches team members to work toward a common goal.
- Coaches team on how to solve problems, plan, and meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Creates opportunities to learn with other team members
- Ensures that the right people are on the team in the appropriate roles, including who should be team leader for a particular project/situation.
- Identifies and resolves conflicts within the team to increase team effectiveness
- Maintains co-worker files with equal amounts of constructive and positive documented feedback
- Provides direct feedback to team members on behavior that is negatively impacting the team's effectiveness
Teamwork and Team Building
- Builds relationships across boundaries and with key stakeholders by developing informal and formal networks.
- Emphasizes the importance of getting individuals to work as a team
- Encourages teamwork and collaboration.
- Facilitates conflict resolution discussions between individuals in different teams
- Facilitates team-building within the leadership team
- Fosters teamwork rather than individual competition
- Partners with people from other work units to improve overall performance
- Promotes a team spirit within and outside department; partners with other groups.
- Provides assistance and support to other team members when needed
- Provides coaching and team-building ideas/opportunities for district core team and branch managers
- Provides coaching and team-building ideas/opportunities for market core team and district managers
- Provides coaching and team-building opportunities for area core team and Divisional team
- Translate team-building theories into usable tools and techniques appropriate for team members' needs
- Creates a climate that encourages team participation.
- Builds consensus and shares relevant information.
- Encourages open communication
- Encourages others to share ideas to develop team cohesion
- Seeks and listens to other's contributions
- Shares pertinent information with all members of the team.
- Shares relevant information, ideas, opinions, and feelings with other district team members
- Solicits and implements ideas from all appropriate team members and uses these ideas to help accomplish market goals
- Willingly share their technical expertise
- Communicates well with team members.
- Discusses with team about issues and the effects of those issues.
- Actively and openly and effectively participates in group meetings as a team member and listens to others' contributions.
- Effective team player
- Works effectively with all departments, district and area staff, and R&D
- Does not rely solely on PA process to provide performance feedback; views performance feedback as an ongoing process
- Is open to new ideas that may change own goals for benefit of the team
- Able to take advantage of the different capabilities and talents of team members.
- Contributes to and supports team decision-making process
- Facilitates team discussions and problem-solving
- Facilitates the development of team/unit work standards
- Actively and openly participates in group meetings.
- Comes across as a reliable, committed team member
- Helps other managers in need of assistance, such as providing needed resources (co-workers, supplies, etc.)
- Models excellent team behavior; recognizes "out-of-bounds" behavior and addresses as appropriate.
- Uses a system to document team members' motivators and uses this tool to inspire team to produce great results
Rewards and Recognition
- Creates and implements team reward and recognition programs
- Recognizes and respects the contributions and needs of each individual.
- Recognizes contributions of others, and celebrates team accomplishments.
- Recognizes the contributions of the team.
- Creates teams that have diverse membership (e.g., gender, race, location, business, function etc.) to ensure multiple viewpoints are considered.
- Fosters respect and understanding among team members
- Shares credit for accomplishments with team members
Bias for Action
- Act as an effective teamplayer
- Actively participates as a team member
- Actively participates in the work of teams; seeks and listens to others' contributions
- Carries his/her share of the workload
- Demonstrates compassion and respect for others through actions; is concerned about their work and non-work issues
- Relates to all kinds of people tactfully
- Relates to all kinds of people tactfully, from shop floor to executives
- Promotes organizational growth by stressing personal and team responsibility for learning and performance