Overview for 360-Degree Feedback Systems
Thank you for viewing the on-line demo of 360 Feedback systems. This demo contains a few screens and sample email messages to give you an idea of the type of information that is utilized in an on-line 360 Feedback system. This demo is interactive. So, feel free to click on the buttons and links presented to give you an idea of the flow of information through the system.
Please note that we customize content and administrative procedures for each survey project we administer.
Our systems are primarily driven by email notifications sent to the participants and administrators of the system. Email messages are configured for your project to contain the instructions and links necessary to administer the survey. Messages are sent periodically during the data collection period. Please note that we have complete control over the criteria used to send messages.
Email messages can be sent:
For self-administered systems, Email messages can be sent to:
- After 2 days
- After 3 days
- Only on certain days of the week
Email messages can contain:
- Individuals who have not logged into the system
- Individuals who have not selected anyone to receive feedback
- Individuals who have not selected anyone to provide feedback
- Individuals who have not selected enough peers
- Individuals who have not selected enough direct reports
- Individuals who have not selected their manager to provide feedback
- Varying text depending on feedback giver
- Varying text depending on feedback receiver
- Multiple languages
- Language preferences
Feedback systems can be configured for a variety of administrative procedures. For examples:
- Centrally Administered Typically a client will prepare a spreadsheet or word document containing a list of who is receiving feedback and who is providing feedback and the relationships between each (self, manager, peer, direct report, other). These records form "feedback assignments" where one person is 'assigned' to provide feedback to another individual. Centrally administered systems work well if there are fewer than 100 individuals receiving feedback. If the number of feedback recipients is in the hundreds, then preparing the list of assignments may be difficult to manage due to the volume of assignments needed.
- Manager-Administered In these systems, a group of managers has the privilege of enrolling participants into the feedback process. Usually these managers are at the Department Head/Chair or SVP level. These individuals would log into the system and select who will be receiving feedback.
- Self-Administered These systems work well if there are many feedback recipients and/or if the process needs to be personally managed by the individuals receiving the feedback. In these systems, individuals would log into the system and select who they wish to receive feedback from.
- Connected to Performance Management 360-Degree Feedback results are inserted into the Performance Management forms automatically. In these systems, the 360-Feedback is conducted usually a few weeks before the Performance Management process.
Screens and Email Messages
Several main types of email notices and administrative screens are included in an on-line demo which you can access below (or using the "Admin Screens" menu in the margin on the left). As mentioned above, each system is custom designed for the client. Please don't view these screens as somehow indicative of a limited system.
- Initial Email Notice (for Manager or Self Administered systems). This notice contains mostly instructions on how to select feedback givers to create the "assignments" that will be used by the system.
- Login Screen (required for Manager or Self Administered systems; optional for Centrally Administered systems). A typical login screen. This is just a demo and the information you enter here will be included in the other web pages of this on-line demo. If you are using a Centrally Administered system, then a login screen is optional as centrally administered systems can be administered entirely through email notifications.
- Participant Email Notice (for All feedback systems). This is a brief email letting the person know to whom they have been asked to provide feedback. Also, included in the email notice is a link to the screen enabling access to this feedback.
- Main Screen (for All feedback systems). Each feedback giver is presented with their list of assignments and the status of each.