- Keep staff informed about what is happening in the company
- Actively listens to feedback from subordinates.
- Keeps subordinates informed.
- Takes responsibility for things that go wrong
- Recognizes poor performance and address it appropriately.
- Is just in their application of disciplinary measures.
- Clearly articulates expectations.
- Accepts responsibility for organizational performance.
- Takes responsibility for and correct poor performance.
- Applies disciplinary measures in a just manner.
- Applies disciplinary measures without favoritism.
- Applies disciplinary measures without bias.
- Deliver effective feedback on a regular basis
- Gives subordinates the reason for tasks.
- Provides accurate, timely, and (where appropriate) positive feedback.
- Uses feedback to modify duties, tasks, requirements, and goals when appropriate.
- Provides early warning to subordinate leaders of tasks they will be responsible for.
Leads by Example
- Is ready to offer help
- Sets an example for others to follow
- Inspires, encourages, and guides others toward the vision, mission, and goals.
- Delegate tasks effectively
- Enables others to feel and act like leaders
- Encourages employees to initiate tasks or projects they think are important
- Assigns specific duties appropriately.
- Attempts to satisfy subordinates' needs.
- Allows individuals to feel responsibility and accomplishment for their decisions.
- Manages staff and prepares work schedules appropriately.
- Considers duty positions, capabilities, and developmental needs when assigning tasks.
- Defines requirements by issuing clear and concise orders or guidance.
- Recognizes individual and team accomplishments and reward them appropriately.
- Credits subordinates for good performance.
- Dos not show discouragement when facing setbacks.
- Is loyal to the team and department.
- Holds firm beliefs in the process and procedures used.
- Makes you feel enthusiastic about your work
- Allocates as much time as possible for task completion.
- Allocates as much time as needed for task completion.
- Spends whatever time is needed to complete tasks.
- Works effectively within established timelines.